View Single Post
Driver

Garage
I'd recommend Intercity. I've used them before for the Porsche (which is a driver, too), and the service and peace of mind were excellent.

For my other cars (and I've moved cross-country 4 times), I've gone with the open-top carriers. The entire industry are a bunch of sleazeballs, IMO. It's a totally unregulated industry, with no guarantees (despite what their ads will tout). So if you value what you're shipping, might as well go with a reputable company. I think the three names that keep popping up over and over are: Intercity, Horseless Carriage, and Federal Express.

The biggest car shipper out there is probably DAS, but I thought they were not so dependable after they lost my car for a few weeks one summer. It only materialized after I threatened to call the cops and claim that it was stolen (heck, DAS couldn't find it, after all). But hey, most other people seem to have had good experiences with DAS.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)