View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucittm View Post
I was always curious about that 935 exhaust guide oiling mod. Is it just a gravity feed down to the exhaust valve? Any change to the valve stem seal? Is there any downside to this mod? Increased oil usage? Smoking out the exhaust pipe? I remember a different type of valve guide with a lip, maybe just to mark the difference in clearance.

It would seem that the oil would end up in the exhaust port, could that cause a carbon build-up issue? What is the recommended hole size to control the flow of oil?

Mark
I'm curious about this as well.

Also, will smaller port SC heads, such as the ones i'm using, allow for an increase low end torque, as in the N/A motor (in comparison to the bigger port 78/79 heads)?

Gotta luv ebay... scored a twin plug distributor for the motor today. Brand new JB Racing unit, half-off
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=160311558101&viewitem=
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)