View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
Bryan: I installed an LM-1 and have it lying on the passenger's seat where I can check it as I drive. The car is pretty well dialed in....at idle I'm right at 14.7....as I accelerate, it will still hover in that area, but as soon as I go WOT, it drops to 10.6, then will creep up into the 11 and 12's and into the 13's. As soon as I let off the gas from WOT, it will zoom up to 16-17 or sometimes higher as the acceleration drops, then when I hit the accelerator, it will go back down to the high 10-12's and eventually back in the the 14's as I cruise.

The tailpipe is a bit on the black side, but better there than lean. I'm running B. Leaske's WUR as well as his solenoid....and they seem to keep everything just about right. Since it was dialed in, the engine temps stay in the 140-180 range...but of course the weather is cooler now. The B6 intercooler seems to be doing the job...but was a PIA to get to fit correctly.

I have some oil leaks in spite of installing new valve cover and chain cover gaskets...may need to drop it again and re-do them.

If you need an LM-1, you're welcome to use mine for as long as you need it. Once you get the CIS dialed in, it pretty much stays there. I'll be happy to mail it to you if you like.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)