View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Sorry to throw this in so late. I did mod my injector stacks and manifold. The bottleneck on your engine remains the intake ports though. The intake manifold, injector stacks, and intake port opening are all 32mm. I had my ports cut open to 38mm as I'm fitting a Carrera manifold soon, but in the meantime I bored out my stock injector blocks to 35.5mm and the manifold to match. the blocks were easy; run a 1 3/8" holesaw through them on the drill press, then taper them out a bit at the bottom. The manifold, being magnesium, took more work. I used the holesaw, but clamping the manifold (must be careful clamping mangesium, it cracks) was tough. I then spent hours with the die grinder cleaning up the butchery left behind by the holesaw. I then spent hours more with carb cleaner, wheel brushes and a pressure washer getting all the chips and abrasives out of the manifold.
It definitely flows waaay better, but I actually can't run my 1.0bar spring now because it leans out and pings. I've had several good suggestions on how to fix that, but I'm moving on to EFI.
Take a look at Pg.4 on my build thread h ref'd in my sig.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)