View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Can anyone talk in more detail on the disadvantages of a smaller frontal area with a thick core versus larger frontal area with shallow depth core? They both would have the same surface area of aluminum exposed to flow, just that the the air must pass thru either a thicker or thinner depth of cooler.
I don't know if I worder this clearly, but my B&B intercooler is thick and smaller surface area perpendicular to cooling air flow versus the 964 OEM cooler which is large surface area with thinner depth. Which makes a better overall cooler assuming they have equal volume?
Anyone have outlet pressure drop values for a B&B cooler running 0.8 bar inlet pressure from turbo? Looking for some idea on how much pressure drop to expect across this intercooler. Makes me wonder about the advantage of running the wastegate signal pressur e line after the intercooler to eliminate this loss.
Thanks,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 01-28-2009, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)