View Single Post

Yes DIY. I struggled with the aftermarket front valances look, they all are too bulky/plastic/aftermarket looking to me. Therefor, dealt with the high oil temps for a long time... until something really had to be done to go to the track and have "piece of mind" regarding oil temps. I took the valance off and install the oil cooler - on front of the tub leaving an inch of clearance between the tub and the back of the cooler for air flow - I had to cut a notch on the bottom of the front bumper to allow the cooler to go through (about 1") allowing enough room to clear the bottom of the valance flange where the OEM rubber lip connects to - this notch is about 17" long and 1" wide. I connected the oil hoses in parallel with the fender cooler - BTW the upper hose of the front cooler runs inside the bumper and the bottom hose coupling can be seeing (shinny) on the above picture. Then, I took the car to a body shop, obviously without front valance - cool looking thing! and worked with the guy there to cut and shape the OEM valance around the cooler keeping the mounting brackets and rubber lip mounts intact - some craftman work here but CAN BE DONE. I'm satisfied with the look, and glad you guys like it, but better yet is the oil temps at the track, whatever I do they stay below 210*.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)