View Single Post

Problem with my breakes, need help

Hello Friends

Recently I bought this awesome 930 from CA. The car has not been driven a lot in the past couple of years. I take the car to a break stand to find out if the car breaks right. After the break test, I have some problems with the breaks. You have to excuse me, for my bad English technician writhing, and I hop you can understand my question. The break pads will not let go the discs, as they should. I can drive the car, but when I turn, the pads will touch the discs. I am aware of that the pistons in the calipers wont get back as it should. My question; is it possible to remove the pads, and give the pistons in the calibers some massage? Alternatively, do I have to buy a rep kit with new sealing? Itís very important to have in mind, that the calibers, discs and the pads is brand new, its just be course the storage. The calibers and discs are not the original 1976 breaks, but upgraded to Porsche Boxter breaks by S-CAR- GO RACING in San Rafael.

Thanks for a great forum.

Best regards
Jesper, Denmark
Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)