View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I am happy with my B&B intercooler. Still have a/c with it.
The only disappointment was machining the threaded hole on the intercooler mounting boss off center for the bracket that attached to the fan shround. They were off center about 1/4" and almost blew thru the outer wall of the boss with the threads. Seems to be holding up after 2 years though. Had to custom trim the aluminum shrouding plate to fit as well....but this is probably a good thing since it is tight now....no air leaks around the cooler.
It performs pretty well, though I have no data on pressure drops or temperature drops across the cooler. Would love that data of anyone posts it.
Good luck.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)