View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Before you rebuild the brakes......replace the bake fluid for sure.
Then you may consider replacing the lines if they are original and look to be non-damaged.
Your call.
You can massage the pistons....I was gonna say something stupid about the Swedish people being good at that....but I wont.
Seriously, remove the pads from one side of the caliper leaving the other in. Insert a thin piece of wood to prevent the pistons from completely blowing out of the caliper while you have someone press on the brake pedal to move them towards the rotor. Push them back in and cycle this way a few times. Then do the other side of the rotor.
They should go back in under uniform pressure fairly easily and you will be able to find if any of them are hanging up.
Sometimes they need a little cycling thru their range of travel to loosen back up. I would try this before rebuilding them which is a big job.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)