View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
Hi Guys

Thank you all so much for your comments. It means so much to me, to get the right help from you people. I will use this forum a lot, and I appreciate your help, but please bear over with my sometimes ignorant questions. In the nearest future, I will try to fix the breaking problem by go through your “to do list”. I am very sorry to hear, that the “upgrade” to Boxter breaks is for the worse. Seller told me they were breaking a lot better, and it certainly was an upgrade? Should I try to locate the original 930 calipers, and mount them instead? I have attached a few pictures of the breaks. One more question this time. The last pictures show a cylindrical container with a little yellow ball, is this for the A/C or what? What does the yellow ball indicate, pressure?

Again thank you very much, that’s all for now.

Best regards
Jesper, Denmark
Jesper,
Do you know if the master cylinder was upgraded when the rotors and calipers were upgraded? A photo may help.

Since these are aftermarket rotors, I wonder if it is a question of rotor thickness versus brake caliper. It looks like the pads are new.... Maybe the pads are fully retracted when you turn into a corner and can't retract any further? Also, have you checked to see if there is some looseness in the front wheel bearings?

Since the early 930's used 911S calipers/rotors, the Boxster "upgrade" would be better than the 911S's.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-31-2009, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)