View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
It has been done (I believe I've seen the prototype with my own eyes) but there is just not enough meat to keep them cool. Plus there is a nightmare of syncing the valves with existing rockers. I believe watercooled 4v heads are the only way to do this.
Hi Goran,

Do you think it would be possible using Thermal Barrier Coatings that are available today?

I have only seen the 956/962C (water cooled) 4 valve head in a photo. Not sure but from the photo it is shown as a single head, unlike the 959
I can only speculate that while developing the prototype 4 valve heads they found (as you pointed out) that there was not enough meat on to keep them cool.

I'm wondering with the TBC that are available today weather it would be possible to control the heat load in a finned head?
Design them to use the 959 cam towers, cams, rockers, covers etc.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)