Thread: Warming Up
View Single Post
1982 911SC

Hey Mark,
The car has 96K, everything is genuine Porsche on the engine. The last Porsche tune up was a couple years ago and has sat motionless since that time. It uses very, very little oil, does not smoke, does not leak oil. I have had the car about 5 months and because it has a hard time warming up, I only drive it weekend really, so I never checked gas mileage, but it seems like it consumes fuel as most cars would, nothing extrordinary. I also do not currently drive it in the rain as it needs tires and I don't trust them, but response wise, it will get up and go very well. I also notice if I don't rev high enough from a stop it seems to sputter a bit until I can get the RPM's up and then it rockets. I don't believe it is moisture related, but what do I know? My first Porsche dream car, so other than I think it's the coolest car EVER, I know very little but learning. What does this smoke test ...test? I was kind of hoping for "turn the screw to the right and it's fixed". haha Let me know what you think and thanks for responding.
Gary
Old 02-02-2009, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)