View Single Post

Garage
Let's see I only have a minute but let me list the obvious things based on your recent pictures. Also I am trying to correlate this to the whole "'73 chassis but the rest is all '89" remark. Therefore I'm looking for consistency with '87 to '89 M505 options and fabrication techniques.

Fender slats Not Factory. Actually the corrugation looks kind of like cardboard. Fenders look like glass not steel.

Headlights Not Factory. Square lights not round.

Side vents and strakes Not Factory. An obvious sign, no installation buttons for vent insert...

Torsion bar opening in fender looks like the smaller opening and implies earlier build than the '87 to '89 M505 cars. Could just be the picture angle though.

Front spoiler, not factory. Sure this could be an aftermarket item but I have no way of telling that it was or wasn't there originally.

Fender to door gap, assuming the door is completely closed, looks significantly outside of the factory quality standard. Means nothing in terms of originality but implies bodywork to me.

Can you find out if the fenders are steel or glass? If glass not factory...

One thing that normally is not on conversions of the era is that the boxed rockers do appear to have the jack point extension. Can you find out if the extension is actually welded in place behind the rocker?

That's it for now, I'm sure others will be able to add to the list...
'73 911T Coupe (current)
'88 930S M505 (current)

Last edited by kilodawg; 02-03-2009 at 05:56 AM..
Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)