View Single Post
Manassas, VA

Garage
I like my 911 Turbo just the way it is. It has more power than I can use 90% of the time. It is reliable. I don't have to order Boost Juice and wonder where to store it. I don't have to worry about spilling methanol on the paint or on me! I don't have to worry about what parts are being consumed by the methanol. I don't have to fill a little reservoir 2-3 times before I stop at the gas station. I don't have to spend $600 just because some guy found a way to market his product on the Internet.

I can't figure out one thing. The Snow website says their product prevents knock and reduces the chances of causing damage at high boost levels. Then it says that with adjustments to boost and timing, you can gain 30-60 HP. Doesn't that put you right back to the edge of the envelope of safety that you wanted to avoid in the first place?

Good engineering is a compromise between demonstrating your limits and limiting your demonstrations.
(yeah, I said that)
Mark
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)