View Single Post

Wheel and ride height questions.

Hey all, still enjoying the 930 and getting more familiar with it every day.

Two questions though:

1. I was advised to lower it to the Euro ride height, and while I've seen this mentioned numerous times in the tech questions section of "Excellence" magazine, I can't recall the measurements. A search here turned up no direct answer to the question. The factory method apparently was to subtract the wheel center height from the torsion bar center height at rest, but most folks go with a fender lip measurement. Not as precise, but easier. What's the measurement for a 930 so I can check it to see where my car is at?

2. My 930 is an '85 and 95% stock, so it's the last year of the narrower rear tires: 8x16 Fuchs with 225s. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the 9x16 Fuchs with 245s? Does the extra 20mm of rubber make a big difference in improving the handling? I presume so, otherwise the factory wouldn't have done it as an "upgrade". On the other hand, the two extra inches of wheels/tires will increase unsprung weight, which will also affect handling.

Thoughts?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)