View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
I would use 3.2 engine as intake is already there and matched to cylinder heads. Crank is the same, so are the rods and rod bolts (as far as I remember). 3.3 engines are more expensive and you will need to buy Carrera intake and then port-match it to (narrower) 930 heads. That isn't trivial as injector notches will not align.

With 3.2 engine you will get plenum/fuel rails, bigger port heads etc. You loose turbo scavenge pump though so you need to install it. But it's probably easier to do than porting 930 heads to correct dimension and doing the messy notch-realignment job.

I would use 3.2 engine, a set of JE pistons and H-beam rods, 930 scavenge pump etc.
Goran,
I'm in the middle of a 3.2 turbo conversion with a 350 to 400 hp target. Question what VE to use on calculations? To match a Garrett turbo to the my desired shifting power band of approx 3000 to 5000

http://www.not2fast.com/turbo/glossary/turbo_calc.shtml

As you pointed out E85 is the other option and I'm looking at also. What injectors and fuel regulator would you recommend?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)