View Single Post

Thanks for all your inputs!
Maybe I should add that the car in question is a late 80's 930. So I'll have 930 brakes, suspension aso.. I probably have both engines available, so its just a question of choosing the one best suited for my build. Also forgot to say that I'll probably twin plug it now that the heads are of and I'm going with a standalone system anyway.

From the replies so far it does sound like there is good reason to use the 3,3 engine because of the bigger bearings, oil pump and the other mentioned things.. I had been told that the crank was completely the same in the two engines? Doesn't sound like it from what "waynesco1" is writing. If the 3,3 also has a better crank that's another good reason to chose 3,3 for the build.

So the only couple of things in favour of the 3,2 is that it has EFI intake manifolds and the better flowing heads?

Hmm.. I'm slowly leaning towards the 3,3 engine. But keep your arguments and ideas coming! It's really helpfull.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)