View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

993 GTR "LeMans" tail from American International Racing, you have to ask for a custom tail to fit a 930, Kevin will whip you one up and the fit is actually really good. This tail is good for three things, fitting a large element for downforce in a clean air stream, getting air and then getting more air. The tail is ugly as all fcuk but it does its job.

Bumper is a 1974 RSR piece also from AIR.

In this pic the lid isn't closed all the way hence the gap at the bottom.

If you're looking for track work and can get away with it, this tail allows you to run a huge wing element (I DO NOT recommend GT Racing's wings due to quality issues) from various companies such as Crawford Composites (they handle the Daytona Prototypes and are really great to work with) with an aggressive profile for the downforce you require. My setup is being reworked currently for a better designed piece from Crawford to replace the GT Racing wing I have on there.

But always remember aero is a package deal, if you increase downforce on the rear, match it in the front with a splitter or more aggressive lip.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)