View Single Post
MiamiTurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamohum View Post
I'm assuming that this is still a temp set up until your IC is installed?

It looks more robust than the first set up, hopefully it holds together until your other modifications are done. If you end up installing a W/A injector upstream of the TB for better atomization consider upgrading your intake tubing at the same time. The way the charge pipe (turbo to intake) was welded and fabricated together looks restrictive to me.

Do yourself a favor, Take it apart and check the inside of that pipe and take some photos and let us know what you see. For the sake of your motor I hope they did a good job of cleaning up any debris from their welding?
Another thing: Look the black intake elbow in your 2nd photo and in your last photo; looks like they installed a 90 deg copper house plumbing elbow with silicon. Look inside the big intake elbow and make sure that there is no blobs of silicon waiting for your motor to ingest.

Please I don't want to offend by saying that their work looks questionable, I bring this up because I would not want to see you loose your motor over it.

Remember an Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of Cure!

You mentioned possible adding a W/A system, check this out
methanol Injection

Question: What wastegate spring / boost pressure are you running?
Im not sure I want to run a wing so I am considering not installing the IC.
I will check the discharge to intake pipe and the rubber boot this weekend good tip and no offense taken! The newly installed boost gauge says I am running 10lb's!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)