View Single Post

Cam timing for X33 option / ( SC cam)

Hello everyone

This is my first thread in this amazing porsche lover forum.

I own a 965 C2T 3.3L and I just bought a pair of original "X33" camshaft. These cams has been removed from an original 965 3.3L turbo "S" (355 HP). As many know, the reference of these cams which are listed into the "X33" option, are 930 105 147 50 and 930 105 148 50. However, from the reference which are engraved at the extremity of each cam ( 930-147-10 and 930-148-10 ) it seems they are simple "SC" cams ( They simply add a piece of metal for the scavange pump on one of them)

My engine will be completely repare soon and of course my shop will install these cam inside my engine. However, it is not possible to get the orginal cams timing from PORSCHE. ( They are not able to provide this information ? !!). Some people ( in france) said it must but timed at 1 to 1.2mm. Some others said it must be timed to 1.6 to 1.7mm.

If some people here want to share their expérience. It would be really appreciated !

By the way, my car is almsot full stock at present time. I just removed the cat and increase the boost pressure to 0.95 ( instead of 0.7). As my engine will be repare, I also plan to remove the air pump and all involved accessoiries.
I am also potentially interested to replace the original WUR by a Digital WUR. However, it seems this company has some trouble to deliver their product.

Thanks and regards

Thierry
Old 02-07-2009, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)