View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikra View Post
Thank you guys for confirming that the 3,2 and 3,3 bottom end IS the same..
Unless there is any other 3,3 advantages (besides the more heat resistant but worse flowing heads) I think I'm going for a 3,2 engine then.
Is boring out the 3,2 cylinders really as good a solution as changing for aftermarket cylinders? Would have thougt that it weakened the liners to much, but then again as I wrote when I started this post.. I dont have experience with Porsche engines. So I have no idea how much is regarded safe to bore the 3,2 cylinders..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA-RUF View Post
If I were you, I'd have the 3.2 cylinders bored out to 3.4 and slip in some JE forged pistons (7.5:1), aftermarket MAP based EFI, 993 GT2-EVO CAMs, GT35R Ball Bearing Turbo, aftermarket headers & exhaust, full-bay intercooler and run ~1.2bar boost. You'll kill pretty much everything on the road.
I dont know how you got that to be my quote, but I didnt say that.
I believe if going with bigger displacement that you should just buy new mahle cyls, not that JMA- RUF is wrong in suggesting that, its just not the way I would go. I also believe that the N/A cyls have diffrent cooling fins than turbo.

I would go with the 3.2 as well as: Rods, Pistons, Cylinders, Haltech, and 20 PSI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
No. You don't want to "bore out" Nicasil cylinders. They are thin and might warp.
Goran, come on, do you think that is something that I would say after the abuse I put my motors through?
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette

Last edited by 930gt-40r; 02-07-2009 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Because I rule!!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)