View Single Post

Feeding the addiction - Member of Porsche Annonymous

For those of you that live in climates where "daily driving" is part of your vocabulary, we less fortunate few must leave our 930's garaged for a good part of the winter months or risk the perrils of snow, ice, road salt/sand, etc. However, the addiction does not lessen...rather, it grows as the months wane. Today, in an unexpected sunny 40 degree day, it was time to feed the addiction and take a much needed blast up the canyon. The poor girl hasn't been outside for over 3 months! Still some remnants of snow in the hills, but we're finally good to go!

Adrenalin is the word of the day. Even just a short abstinence is enough put the fear of God back into you when on full boost. Man, I love these cars! Nice cool air, boosting at just under 1.0 bar (with a .8 spring in my Tial WG and boost controller OFF). The cold temperatures help to stuff some extra air into things. Very disappointing, having to deal with a little extra boost don't ya think?

Safe as usual, though tempted to do something closer to the insane side of things (adrenaline does that to a person). I only touched 120 once, just to blow the carbon out...of course. My advice to all: Get off this forum, and get in your car. Time's a'wasting!

Catch you on the return trip...got a P.A. meeting to attend tonight where we'll talk the 12 steps to turbo sobriety.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)