View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebba911 View Post
This car will not be used for drag racing, but I want to be able to test how quick it is.
Before modification it ran 11,63 sec on - and I was only able to test it twice because I broke axle.
This time it was on lowest boost and computer setting and on 95 octane fuel. (1 bar pressure) and the car was at that time 1.220 kg.
We have made the car lighter all body parts out of carbon fiber plexi glass no stereo no sunroof - .
Our engine is more powerful now (was 594hp to the rear wheel on 117 octane fuel and 1,7 bar) but the car is lighter. (That will help our axles :-) )
Have in mind you can ruin the gearbox or even break some part of the engine if you snap an axle!!
Unfortunately, lightening the car won't lower the torque on axles/gearbox, it will only make car accelerate quicker

There are special drag-racing axles made from spring-steel. They can twist a quarter of turn before snapping. Maybe you should have set of these made if you fancy drag-racing.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)