Thread: inefficent IC?
View Single Post
BoxxerSix BoxxerSix is offline
Registered User
 
BoxxerSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930cabman View Post
My '87 930 has what appears to have an excess amount of motor oil in the IC inlet pipe. I sense the seals within the turbo must be leaking and am planning an update soon. Question: If the interior surfaces of the IC have become coated with oil, and buildup would naturally follow, how would this affect the heat transfer of the charged air and the volumetric capacity of the IC.
Thanks in advance,
John G

It does effects heat transfer.

Take IC and flush it with some degreaser and rinse completely with water. Just remove the sensors and cap off all the opening except the inlet. Mix a 75 concentrate of water adn a good degreaser like simple green. Pour in fill up 1/2 way and swish around. Fill it up 100% and let it stand for a bit. Repeat the swish then rinse. get all major water out of it. Doesn't ahve to be super dry when it goes back on, a little water vapor in the motor won't hurt and thing.

good luck
__________________
Adam Hennessy
Old 02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)