View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I bough a few sets of Yoko 345's when TireRack announced they were to be discontinued. They were properly packaged for storage and the plan was to use them up over time. Unfortunately the front tires became an issue first. The 255/45-15's were also discontinued which left me with nothing that would look right (225/50 are WAY too skinny). So I decided to sell them off for $100 each before they lost any more elasticity. The last set went a few years ago to a fellow in NJ I believe.
Tires do not last forever. Even when properly stored they will leach plasticisers until hard. Any of the old Yokos sold a decade ago are likely now unsafe.
that sucks! I'd figured the tires would last a good 5-yrs [on the shelf so to speak] with no degradation...

I guess I'll have to get those 345's on the car within the next year or two...

My current 285/40/15-Yoko's still have a lot of life left. I just bought the 345's because they were available and didn't want to get caught without a replacement if I should have the misfortune of cutting a tire...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)