View Single Post

I tend to have the same thought as jbl. The engine fan blades are at a 90 degree angle to the intercooler. Sure the fan is moving air but without a shroud I find it hard to believe that the engine fan is moving enough air to actually cool the intercooler at it's current angle. It was always my thought that the intercooler is cooled by moving air generated as the car is goes faster. Hence why a fan should be placed above the engine when doing a dyno run.

A real simple/cheesy test would be make sure the cooler is sealed then put a piece of paper on top of the intercooler. Close the lid then see if the paper is being sucked to the intercooler. If it's not the I'd say that the engine fan isn't pulling as much air through the intercooler as one would think.

Or for the non cheesy/cheap approach we can get more scientific and use an anemometer to measure the coming from the top of the intercooler. You would need something like this http://www.crosse-technology.com/ea3010u.html

Last edited by osiris2600; 02-16-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)