Thread: Ignition Timing
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
You know what bugs me is that tuning experts like Steve at ImAuto and such don't ever chime in on these posts leaving us all hanging for answers......frustrating and disappointing.
Tuners do not give up their timing data because it makes no sense to do this in general terms, especially on an open forum. I've mapped many standalone ecu's and would find it near impossible to express the many variables between each and every load point. There's just too many variables to imply a standard. I can gather the hard data for the engine: bore, stroke, valves, cam, turbo, fuel....and write a "base" map to get the motor running. But that is just crude generalizations secondary to experience, the experience from other systems. From there, it can take a long time to duplicate all conditions in all ranges perfectly on that engine, even though it may be similar to other engines. And I do understand the frustration because we all want those perfect slopes for our boosted motors.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)