View Single Post

Dear Dave, Dear Jeff , Dear JF

Thank you very much for your kind and valuable reply . ( and sorry my tardy one ! )

Dave and JF, if my understanding is correct , the higher the value (in mm) will be , in lower in RPM the torque will occur ? (1.7mm is for street driving with torque in low and midrange RPM ) And the lower the value (in mm) will be, the higher in RPM the torque will occur ( 1.25mm or 1mm as stated in the Jeff finding, is for track & higway driving ) .

If so, I am a bit surprised because I was pretty sure it was the opposite. I am not an expert and I was certainly wrong about it. Maybe someone here has made a dyno with the different adjustement ? It could help me to see what's happen exactly.

Jeff, do you know if an original document ( I mean a scan) of what you found is available somewhere? In fact I also see the same details on the french forum. However, it is not the excat copy or the scan of the original Porsche technical bulletin. Maybe someone , somewhere has the orginal scan ?

JF, I won't destroy my cams which are something like valuable for collection ! And so far I think it is much better to buy a new pair of 964 cams if I wish to go in that way.

Dave, I am sorry, although I know you are completely right about the low and midrange behavior , I still want to get more punch and HP in the higher RPM. As to the digital WUR , I believe in this device and I perfectly understand what kind of advantages it can bring to my car. I just bought a permanent INNOVATE System to make full datalogging ( AFR, EGT, MAP ) and to display the AFR on my dash. I am not clamoring any extra features of such kind for the DIGITAL WUR ! I am just clamoring the product itself !!!!!! Until now ( there is about 2 weeks I spoke with them) they are not able to provide any answer regarding when they will be ready to deliver the product !

Regards

Thierry
Old 02-13-2009, 12:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)