View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA-RUF View Post
FYI, I was just quoted $1250 (by AudSpeed) to rebuild/upgrade a pair of 993TT K16's to K16/24 GT1 Hybrids. Apparently the mod allows the pair to flow up around 525-550HP.

Do you guys think it's worth considering?

Certainly cheaper than buying two new GT28R's / RS's and modifying my OEM 993TT heat exchangers to suit

I have also heard of Porsche tuners modifying the K16's with Mitsubishi 16G compressors for a bit more top end than the K24 compressors.
All things considered, it's money well spent in my opinion. That's actually a cheap price for the work too. I'd typically charge about $1400 to do a pair of them myself here.

The K16/B16G wheel mod is what you are referring to below. I have not personally done this myself, but I hear it involves using a "big 16G" compressor wheel and the appropriate bore and diffusor machining required to get a housing on. At that rate I think I'd rather just try to machine a KKK turbine housing to accept the Evo 8/9 larger 16g cartridge and compressor housing. We've pulled almost 360AWHP out of a stock 2004 Evo 8 16G turbocharger at 27lbs of boost. My 4" inlet antisurge housing option I came close to 380. Done on a MD AWD 1100 chassis dynometer. Two of those on a 993 setup would make some GOOOODD power and probably still be very reasonable in drivability.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)