View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA-RUF View Post
Certainly cheaper than buying two new GT28R's / RS's and modifying my OEM 993TT heat exchangers to suit
And when your done modding the Porsche style turbos, you still have factory style junk- with the garrets, you have many more options and also, they continuously improve the wheel selection. Boxxersix will tell you that Porsche turbos are not the best and Garrets are a much welcome improvement. If these turbos really use the mitsubishi internals, then that could be an option, Porsche style turbos are not good for big power.

Now, to give you a bit of money saving info...
The way that guy has his car setup (the yellow one) requires the use of a scavenge pump. If you get the TT headers, I would then extend them so turbo center housing is placed above the oil level of the motor so you could just empty them into the valve covers the way protomotive does. This makes things much simpler.
James, you should talk to Glenn (Purplehaze) about his setup, I am sure that he will be a wealth of info for your decision.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette

Last edited by 930gt-40r; 02-14-2009 at 10:08 AM..
Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)