View Single Post

I'm not sure what motor you have, but twin GT28's on a 3.2L could make incredible power and in my opinion are the way to go. Pending the turbine choice used, there's a frame fitment that pair up could flow enough air for upwards of 950hp. The GT28 designation denotes the turbine frame size(53mm wheel)......the subsequent number(54, 59, 60, 71, 76) denote the compressor wheel diameter(major) they have flow capacities of ~ 150- ~460hp each pending compressor wheel used and what AR turbine housing used. Two 2860R's on a 3.2 with .64 ar housings would be nasty and spool damn quick and be good for a modest 600hp capability without question.

Trying to be cost effective, I think it would be far easier and cheaper to modify existing headers with standard garrett inlet flanges vs machining KKK turbine housing to accept GT cartridges. The rest from that point on out is just basic fabrication and setup. Plus they're already internally gated so it'll simplify installation.

I guess I am impartial to Garrett over KKK, but I think it's mostly due to Garrett's flexible line of choices they have that makes fitment and setup a breeze in application like this.

If you still wanted to pursue the mitsu option I don't see anything wrong with it really. They area a super reliable turbocharger, especially the cartridges from the 03-08 Evo's. You're just going to be paying for the required machine work to adapt the cartridges to a usable turbine housing. OEM evo turbine housings are twin scroll and cannot be used in a twin turbo application on a 6 cylinder.

Last edited by BoxxerSix; 02-14-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)