View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA-RUF View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Adam.

I'm trying to do this as cost effectively as possible without breaking the bank too much.

$1200 for the Mitsu-16G hybrid mod is extremely enticing to me and have heard that many 993TT and 996TT owners are over the moon with their phenomenal performance.

The motor is a Carrera engine with 930 P&C's, GT2 EVO CAMs and Proto MAP ECU. I'll also be getting a 75mm throttle body upgrade too (from the Carrera's 63mm)

Who quoted you the $1200 for the 16G setup? Just curious that's all. Again I don't see anything wrong with going that route. It's actually sorta neat. Be really neat if you could track down a pair of TME 16g's and use those cartridges. Titanium turbine wheels for a super light CHRA that spools insanely fast. Found on the TME rally edition Lancers. TD05HR-16G6 is the fancy term for it. They also had an uber rare version with magnesium compressor wheels that even further lightened the CHRA. Denoted by a burnt orange colored compressor wheel visually.

A friend of mine here just bought an '02 996 Turbo with the Ruf R Turbo 550T conversion on it(silver one from Ruf Autocenter with the GT3 wheels on it) Nice car with good power, but you know enough is never enough. 16G's may be a future mod for him down the road when he learns to tame the power the car has now. Only time will tell

Easy and proven = GT2960R's
Fun and unique = B16g's

I personally don't think either option is going to be any cheaper than the other when all said and done, although I can't say this for certain as I've yet to modify any KKK housing for this mitsu retrofit. Both are going to make power with good drivability. Just a coin toss IMO.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)