View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
I put 100lb coil over springs on the rear shocks. The torsion bars are 29mm and when I get on full throttle, the rear sits slightly and off it goes. I can stiffen the springs by adjusting them tighter for the track (no squat) or turn them down for a road trip (much easier on the kidneys). Works great for me.
Don,

How do you do this without affecting ride height? If the coil springs are always carrying some of load (street and track), then how does it get stiffer when you dial in more coil spring? Or do you back it off on the street so that no load is carried by the coils?

I have 31 mm rear T-bars and have just installed 250 lb helpers from Rebel racing. I have yet to figure out how much "preload" to give the coils. If I give it any preload at all, it will raise the ride height and affect corner balance which I don't want to do. So I'm planning to re-index the T-bars and lower the car about 1/2 inch or so, and then bring it back up to target height with the coils. Doing this will allow me to corner balance and make very small ride height adjustments easily with the coils. But I don't see how I can voluntarily change the stiffness at the rear for street and track unless I completely disengage the coils from having any contact with the perches, which doesn't sound like a good thing to do.

Rob

Last edited by Rob 930; 02-16-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Old 02-16-2009, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)