View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA-RUF View Post
Interesting. Thanks for your input

The OEM 993tt gates are preset to 0.7bar. I plan to regulate boost to ~1.25bar with these 16G babies

Perhaps investing in HP gates would be a wise move then
If it was my car running that much boost I would invest in the HP gates. I'm not saying that because Tony is a friend either, but just because of the basics it's revolving around. It's an ~8lb increase in pressure over the springs pressure. You'd probably be right on the margin if nothing else, but you'll only know by testing.

However.............,

If you call and talk to Tony, let him know who sent you(Seth St. Dennis and Adam Hennessy from Moon), and just ask him if you can purchase them w/o the HP option he might work with you. Later down the road if you find you need them, you could call Tony back up and just buy the actuators and swap them in. That way you still have the money for your exhaust now, where you need it

Right now I've slated an HTA GT3582R twinscroll on my kit car motor(3.3L). I'm contemplating on swapping over to a biturbo GT2871R setup in the future to get more power without too much more lag. If/when I do, I'll be running 18psi wastegate springs versus the stock 11psi units Garrett offers. Just a reference.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)