View Single Post
Wer bremst verliert

Gabe's tail has mine beat for square footage and Jack's beats mine for cleverness. Also the rear-exit one on a few days ago, sorry to the owner I don't recall who it was but I admired the installation. I also played around with mimicing it.

Just to clarify Glenn, the fans/shroud will be hung underneath the intercooler so that there is no obstruction to ambient air flowing over/down through the cooler as well as getting the weight down low as possible. The fans are set up through a relay to switch on whenever the coils are on. I toyed with a temp switch and my ECU can switch the relay on/off depending on intake temps but for simplicity's sake I made it as simple as possible to start with.

Also tested and confirmed the diff temp gauge works properly (dropped it in a cup of hot tea!)

Gerhard thought 3" inlets and outlets were overkill for 500hp but agreed less restriction is better. We spoke at length regarding core depth. For a track car he thought more than 3.5" was overkill and dead weight since little idling was involved and given the fan plans. We settled on the plans on the previous page. Heat sink in a street car would more likely be an issue without the fans. Oh, and QDC (Hargett) quick disconnects.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy

Last edited by JohnJL; 02-17-2009 at 01:40 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 01:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)