View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Careful on what you get her used to... I met my wife in '98 and she drove a 95 cheby z28. I finally convinced her to get a nicer car, so we went to the bmw dealer to get a 3 series, when the jerks at the dealership sized us up and never even asked if we needed help we went across the street and got a new saab 9-5 aero. Fun car, but a turbo and front wheel drive still don't make sense to me... We had some problems with the saab (lemon) and she wanted a "toyota", so we lost our asses on the saab and bought a new Lexus IS 300, this was the most boring car i've ever driven, felt like driving a camry... anyway, we kept that for a few years, got married and then I got her a proper toyota, a Lexus GS 430. That was a good car. Had that through our 1st kid, when no 2 came, i tried to fit 2 car seats and in a moment of weakness traded the GS for a MB R350. OK, I know i have minivan now, but notice how the cost of the cars generally got more... Once they get used to the luxury of a fine car, they can never go back to the simplicity of a low cost vehicle.

In summary: Spend lots of $$ on wifey's car = take $$ away from spending on 930.

sorry for the long rant...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)