View Single Post

Garage
Because my engine construction is an old mechanical system from 70ies, no can do to change the situation without more electronics included, which I don't want to do the engine running now solid and great. We found out in rally cross racing cars (over 900hp 4wd 935-versions) in 80ies that the flames coming through the turbos are not that bad. If you use tight thermal insulation before the turbo around exhaust lines to keep pressure higher, the heat transformation to turbo destroys the bearings relatively quickly. Probably burning fuel will lift the temperature of the turbo some, so more important is how well your turbo is cooled (to say how fresh air is directed beneath the car). That is the major concern with my rear diffussor design problems rather than engine temperature.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)