View Single Post

I am still suspect on the cams being SC. That goes against my recollection. When Porsche was building SC's and Carrera's they used those in there special Turbo cars. When they started building the C2/4, the used those in there special Turbo Cars. I know the S2 used C2 normal cams, replaced the stock IC core with a thicker one, and used the 7006 Turbo. For power the C2's will flow more air.

With the steeper ramps and higher lift on SC or C2 cams there has to be some accommodation at the spring or spring tension. See Bruce Anderson's book on modifying turbos.

As to the fueler. I used the Andial plumbing but not there on/off controller. For the controller I had Split Second Timing modify one of there Additional Injector Controller's to add a clock to the board. This allowed is to set frequency at a fixed rate 50 times a second instead of being a function of RPM. Then it was just a mater of programing the controller to add fuel anywhere needed along the rpm range. I went one step further and disabled the boost line to the stock WUR so I could tune the fuel curve better and not have the to rich on first boost issue. The AIC uses an rpm signal, manifold signal, and voltage. I mounted it right on the right side of the intake manifold as there is a lot of air flow in there. Did not seem to be an issue. I think the Purple wire in the motor compartment was the RPM signal. If you actually do this let me know and I will give you some programing hints that increases pre boost throttle response by getting the CIS metering plate moving faster upon acceleration.

Best of luck.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)