View Single Post

Garage
WG options on Divided Twin Scroll Header

Hi I would like to run a Twin Scroll GT35r and Iím wondering what others are doing with their Waste Gate piping setup when running a Twin Scroll Turbo on a Divided header.

I purchased a SS OBX header off of Evil Bay for $379.00 +shipping, it was relatively inexpensive compared to one of the Premium brands, this saved me building one from scratch and for that price I could live with cutting it apart for modifications.

Overall quality is not a bad unit until you get to the poor fitting of the secondary pipes and divider to the T3 flange. I will be reworking this connection and port matching it to the turbo divided turbo housing to ensure proper flow.

As you can see by the photos, they cut into the divider for the WG pipe which pretty well defeats the purpose of the divider which segregates the exhaust gases.

A few thoughts come to mind

1: cut the present WG pipe off and weld on 2 separate WG connectors off each separate secondary after the merge collectors.

2: divide the current WG pipe by welding in a divider to segregate the gasses all the way up to the waste gate.

3: forget about the gains of the Twin Scroll clean up the welds at the flange and use it as is.
4: do # 3 and cut and shorten the WG pipe

I would appreciate your input, thanks

Photo showing Poor Welding and unequal port size

Poor Quality welding, I can only assume that this was a OBX second and why I got it so cheep? Well I was not expecting much and I haven't been disappointed

Does the WG pipe need to be that long and would this not increase lag?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)