View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Stupid question, but wouldn't a Tial 46mm help with boost creep? Get them exhaust gasses outa-there faster?
This is not a stupid question- the V-band 44 flows more than a 46 due to the difference in technology- Tial only makes the F46 (our Porsche waste-gates) only for the Porsche market, no-one else really uses the F46. The V-44 has a much better design then the original type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA-RUF View Post
I have a TiAL 46mm gate, GSF headers and GT35R and I get absolutely no boost creep. Boost is pinned at 1.0bar every single time (well, when the EBC is off, that is).
James- this is because my turbo is bigger than yours and also has a T-4 housing with tiny little stock sized primaries. Because my hot side flows a lot more, the stock waste-gate setup is in-effective because the turbo is even easier of a path for the exhaust gasses than the waste-gate is. This is also a product of the ridiculous velocity I had with the stock sized primaries.
Your turbo (35R w/T3 hot-side) is the last step before really having to do something creative with the waste-gate/ primaries/ turbo flange/ etc.

Next time around I'm kicking boost-creep in the face with twin V-44s (over kill, but I got a second one for cheap)
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)