Thread: boost question
View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Are you talking about a low speed corner around town? If so, you need to be in 1st to have any fun. 2nd gear is for two lane backroads with posted speed limits of 50-55mph. I'm talking about the one's where the twisty bits have yellow warning signs with suggested speeds of 35mph on the sharper corners(which you end up doubling on the corner exit). When I blast through one of these roads, I'm in 2nd, don't shift at all. On these roads 2nd is perfect, as you can roll into the throttle at the apex and be hitting the meaty part of the torque curve as you exit the corner. I drove my car home on the Blue Ridge Parkway after purchase...2nd gear practically the whole time.

sounds like a fun ride - I'm picturing it now... sigh.

I was thinking the same thing on being in 1st Jacob. Steve, depends on how slow a 2nd gear corner you're taking. It could be 1st is more friendly in those situations. Prob then is it takes your double clutch deftness to defy 1st gear synchro idiosyncrisity, uh huh.

Before wondering about car issues, I was going to ask 'in what gear do you mean?' Boost onset varies gear to gear and by scenario. So the lag'd onset in 1st - sure - as late as 4000-4200. 2nd-4th, more in the 3500 range but sometimes 3800 if mess up the situation enough.

'Tis def. a whole nuther animal from that of your twin k24'd TT. And that's a good thing 8-).

The point it straight and hold on is there, you'll start finding more of it as your settle your technique in with it as the miles pass. Sure is fun. Forevergears are adddddddictivvvvvvvve (hence my profile 'location')...

Def. give it a twice over tho to ensure nothing awry in thar...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-20-2009, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)