View Single Post

Garage
Thanks for the info Guys.

Picked up my heads yesterday from the machine shop (valve grind) and mated the head to the heater for the first time.
Uncovered another problem, the port i.d. is 1.645" and the small collar on the header that goes into the head has an o.d. 1.505" There is .140" difference in size, way to sloppy for me. So now I need to remove these collar which is fine because it will make it much easier to abrade the id of all the tubing in preparation for the TBC. I will have to see what it looks like once they are removed and if possible counter bore the flange for the proper size collars or just leave them off?

What are you thoughts on this?

The reading moved while taking the shot, the correct reading is 1.645"

This is the head sitting on the header. Not a great shot even with the macro, but if you look carefully under the guide you can see the huge gap between the head and the collar.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)