Thread: boost question
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by torresmd View Post
I took my car for a cool morning drive. I kept it above 4K and the car felt and handled like a race car. If I accidently let the RPM's drop below 3K, back to hurry up and wait for boost. As far as taking a surface street corner in first, well it is impossible for me to shift my car into first unless I am at a complete stop. Not sure if you guys experience this as well. Sometimes I have to come to a complete stop, then shift into 2nd, then first is much easier.

After my header and exhaust installation, I will see how the car feels. I will also dyno and post the results to make sure everything is OK. I truly value the opinions on this forum. The knowledge in incredible.
Thanks!
Okay the famous not shifting into first could be a number of things but starts with design flaws of the old tranny. You always want to shift sequentially if you can, especially when coming to a stop. 3rd into 2nd into 1st. Not for instance 3rd, clutch in, coasting to stop and then try to put it into first. But 3-2-1.

Here is a list of everything else you need to check anyway when you get a 930:

Clutch adjustment to make sure it goes into every gear correctly.

Are the shifting bushings all in new condition... there is a ball bushing at the bottom of your shifter and two other bushings, all in the shift tunnel.

Finally your engine and tranny mounts must be in acceptable condition. Swapping in wevo semi solids is the way to go, IMO. But that increases noise if you do it to the tranny mounts.

Not saying you need all or any of the above but that covers the bases.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)