View Single Post

I am thinking there might be an error as to the books specs as to setting the cam timing on a C2 cam so double check it with a real turbo builder if you were considering using it.

The C2 Turbo motor is a bit better in that the oil cooler was removed from the motor so more air goes over the cylinders. It also finally got rid of the smog cylinders and went to proper cylinders with full fins. This give is a little better thermal reserve than the earlier base motors.

I would be very surprised if Porsche used the SC grind on any of the special C2 Turbo motors. On the Turbo S and S2 they used the C2 normal cam. The S2 was a special build to qualify the Turbo for IMSA so it could be run and used a 7006 turbo. The Turbo S had a special turbo built with a larger compressor wheel like a K29.

All these cams had to be a special build to get both a drive for the turbo pump and the power steering pump. Again, I just do not see Porsche using the old SC technology on some an not others when they had a more modern cam developed from 1989 that they knew worked well with the turbo.

However, I have been wrong before.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)