View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
Don't mount WBO2 sensor on pressurized side (before turbo), it will fail quickly and exhaust backpressure will mess with readings. Mount WBO2 sensor after the turbo. The port on collector is for EGT probe, not lambda.

Regarding turbo flange, it looks OK to me. It's hard to make perfectly clean welds when hand-welding. The important thing is that it doesn't crack.

I'm also mildly sceptic to coating. If it's done with plasma it will probably stick...but home-coating sounds like a good way to ruin the turbo, if flakes would come
off.
Thanks for your input Goran.

I will make sure to mount the WBO2 after the turbo.

Whats your opinion on the WG pipe length and the length of the divider to insure no cross contamination of the segregated exhaust pulses when using a Twin scroll turbo?

Its hard to see the weld from the photo, trust me when I say it is poor quality, there is even a small crack in one of the corners.

The ports are not the same size, not square and I suspect will not line up with the turbo housing properly. I can correct all this by building up with weld and grinding it to a proper finished size to match the turbo housing. Lots of work but it will be corrected.

Re the home TBC coatings, I'm using the same process that the big name companies are doing. I know that there are many that are Skeptical about these products and will stay clear of them, until they are well proven.

I realize the risk, but I'm willing to test it out and find out for myself first hand.
I will set up a few test pieces first, coat them, heat them till they fail and report my findings back here when I'm done. I will also take a test piece and hammer it to simulate a dent to the header tubing and check for cracking and bonding issues. If at that point I still have doubts then I will not coat the id of my header. Nothing ventured nothing gained, I will not risk a new turbo without testing to satisfaction.

Thanks for your concern
Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)