View Single Post

I'm sorry but this is how that turbo flange should look even after being welded to the header.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-FLS-068&Category_Code=ATP-FLS3

The OBX flange is poorly done. The first picture of the headers Dyna posted are a crappy hand cut flange that will in no way, shape, or form line up properly with the inlet of the twin scroll housing on the turbocharger. The second picture that Voiture posted shows a standard single volute flange that has been welded up in the center with another poor fitment divider plate. It too will not fit the way the flanges should. It doesn't even look like that flange would seal off the volutes from each other at the turbine housing?!?!??!

Both of those flanges will cause some unwanted uneven reversion in the header system due to overhanging edges on the turbine housing. You only want the natural tuned reversion of the exhaust pulses in the header, not any other out of time/uneven reflective pulses going back up the primaries that will affect the benefits of a divided setup.

Dyna....in my experienced and informative way of discussion on this type of work.... I'd buy a new flange and cut/weld it on there in a proper fashion to get the most out of the system. anyone who has enough TIG welding experience WILL be able to weld it on by hand very cleanly.

o2 sensor should be post-turbo as others have stated. Pre-turbo pressure will damage the sensor and give false readings.

Dyna I have priced out the SE 40mm gates and the Tial 38's as well as the drop in fitment F46. If you would like to use something else(synapse 60 vband for instance) just let me know and I'll get prices on those components. I talked with Peter from Synapse Engineering about his drastic increase in price over the past few months and it's based around different material use and different manufacturing companies for the various components. Their prices used to be cheaper than Tial but have now increased on par with Tial's units.

I'll try to get you a message later on here, gotta go grab some grub with my wife right now
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)