View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
for the price $379.00 it seemed like a bargain and I thought to myself how bad could it be?
Unfortunately it can be pretty bad; as in destroyed turbo or blown engine bad. You don't hear much about these disasters, likely due to the embarrassment factor, but they have occurred. The LEAST amount of issue you will have is fitment. None of these things bolt up and fit perfectly. I have dealt with some absolute disasters in fitment.

I have designed a header for the 930 that can also be used on the 911. Hope to have a prototype in a few weeks. Equal length primaries and secondaries. Will start out with 1.5" primaries and then do bigger if they are successful. Will expand to include a heat exchanger if successful. As always Ben will manufacture them for me. Options will include twin waste gates and split volute Y- joint. Many things to work out and time is an issue but it will be done.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)