View Single Post

I think when my mood and pocket book allows, I'll eventually go with a K27S. But with the increased inlet diameter, does this also mean some plumbing changes? It sounds like it wouldn't be a direct bolt-on replacement to my current 7006.

Now on the topic of "my turbo builds boost faster than yours" (kinda like when we we were kids claiming that my dad could beat the crap outa yours), it all depends on which gear and what rpm you start the challenge at, doesn't it? If I were to claim that my setup builds .5 bar at 2400 rpms (Spuggy, I don't doubt that that's true in your case), under what conditions does that happen? 1st gear tromp to the floor while you 'attempt' to keep your eyes on two gauges and the road - with your tires breaking loose and the front end coming off the ground...or in a lazy first to second gear shift, stomping it at say 2000 rpms and seeing .5bar 500 rpm's later...or a more docile lugging along in 3rd at say 2000 before puting your foot into it? Just so we're all on the same page and can do an apple-to-apples comparison, what's the standard operating procedure for this type of assessment?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)