View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Hello 911st,
Does your information apply to the track only? This would include autox as well as road race.
I only ask because you state the need for larger front sway bars than the rear (i.e. 27/22's), for balance reasons.
I run 22's on both ends, and find for the STREET, setting the rears at 3/4 full stiff while having the fronts set and 1/4 from full soft, yields the best balance. Any stiffer on the fronts , or softer on the rears, causes too much front end push. During the rainy season, I run full soft on the front just to get some bite.
Simple casual questions for you, no debate needed.
Mark

P.S. Yes I know that slamming my car to the degree I did has made some minor compromises in ideal suspension geometry, so we do not need to go there.
Please, I am not an expert. However, on a 930 that have a balanced torsion bar set up will likly work best with matching ft & rr. 22/22 are a great combination.

It is the normal 911 that can use a much larger front and then only under one condition where they use the 33mm rear torsion bars.

Something interesting. If you get your 930 dialed in for the track, try disconnecting the rear sway bar for autoX. (Or, just tighten the front and go full loose on the rear.) This will stiffen up the rear to let it rotate easier and let the front bit better so it will not push as much. I know of one instructor that ran 22/28's with 22/22 sways on a narrow body. He disconnected his rear sway when he autoz''d.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)