View Single Post

Darling 930,

By the way, what is your first name so I don't feel gay posting you.
The 964 LB and bov have several advantages, weight savings, creates much needed room to maneuver in the engine bay, much faster bov actuation, and spools faster because you are no longer filling that huge casting before getting pressure returned through the intake track and to the turbo.
You also do not have to have a long neck IC to use the newer Bov. The only modification required is to lengthen the up pipe from the turbo to the IC.
This is easily done by replacing your original up pipe with a silicon hose and a couple clamps.
Also the original Bosch bov had a rep. of blowing diaphragms the later ones are much better. Billet valves need to be maintained as the heat they are subjected to has a tendency to dry them out and they need to be re lubricated to keep them from gaulding. All this is the user's preference but Steve Weiner uses the plastic Bosch bov on all his turbo builds and I have ran mine for several years with no issues.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 02-23-2009 at 07:28 PM..
Old 02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)